Learn More Why Adopt A Pet Awareness Is Very Important

When I first came to Jordan, I had no ideal that there were organizations here to help the poor. Being I was a cat owner and poor, I was desperate to help my sick animals. So I called the telephone company and they gave me the telephone number for SPANA. SPANA is a non profit organization, from England that helps animals free of charge.


Some of the things they do are:


- located in 21 of the poorest countries on earth
- help working animals and those who depend on them
- run an adoption agency for all homeless animals indefinitely. There do not kill the animals.
- operate and do spaying and neutering of all animals, free of charge


So when my cat was dying, they helped me save her. She was in the hospital for over 5 days and because I was a widow and had no income, they took care of her free of charge. To this day, 8 years later, they are still caring for my animals. If there was not places like this, who openly take cake of all animals, we would be in serious trouble.


There are so many homeless animals in Jordan and the dogs are wild and many are infected with diseases. The government openly kills them and they are helplessly murdered, just because they are dogs. SPANA offers a home and a shelter for these animals. My home is a shelter for many homeless animals. The yard is huge and there are many trees for climbing and we feed them as we can. A place where many would shut them out. People do not realize that they have feelings and they care.


Puppy mills, pet stores and dog fights have got to be the worse places on this earth. Only through education will and can the public have knowledge of these events. As we watch the horrible pit dog fights, where the animals are literally torn apart, as the crowd cheers on. It is enough to break your heart. I adopted a pet from a pet shop and the cat was infected, so badly that she needed over eighty dollars in fees to recover. Stop the violence, stop the sickness and stop the horrors. There creatures are innocent and they need someone who cares.


Adopt a day and events to help the homeless, such as the International Homeless Animal Candlelight Vigil, highlight the plight of these animals. Events all around the world are held, to raise money to spay and neuter the animals. It is a beautiful ceremony and one everyone should participate in. Lighting a candle on line, broke my heart and brought me to tears.


http://www.gratefulness.org/ca ndles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi =ISAR


I guarantee you that if you light a candle for an animal, maybe you have lost in the past, you will not have a dry tear in your eyes. It is an emotional and special time. Some of the homeless animals being butchered and placed in shelters, are lost animals that have gone astray. Sometimes, your neighbors are turning the animals in, out of annoyance. Some of the animals in the shelters could be someone's lost pet and it could be mine too.

I am asking you to stand up and be counted. I am asking you to donate what you can and adopt who you can. I am asking you to never let another person harm, mame or kill another innocent animal. My cat Precious was recently murdered or kidnapped and I have no ideal where she is. The pain and the horror of that day never leaves me. I hope someone, somewhere would of been kind to her. I hope someone, somewhere would of cared that she was my long lost love. I miss her so very much

Photo courtesy of Photobucket amyjayne10